Released January, 2008
The Pros:One of only a few combination washer/dryer units with steam capabilities. Ideal for homes with very limited space and/or no way to vent a proper dryer. Refresh cycle works well to eliminate odours in clothes, takes only 20 minutes.
The Cons:Takes a very long time to dry clothes due to the shared washer drum. Pricier than buying a regular washer and dryer separately.
The LG WM3988H is a washer/dryer combo with a full load capacity of 4.2 cu.ft. and a TrueSteam generator allowing for steam cleaning cycles. The unit is designed with a direct drive motor for reliable performance and upfront electronic controls with Dial-A-Cycle technology.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It has a painted steel cabinet with a NeveRust stainless steel drum and a chrome trimmed door with a clear glass window for viewing the laundry. The WM3988H features 9 wash programs including SteamFresh, Sanitary, and Allergiene cycles, 5 rinse temperatures, and includes SenseClean technology which automatically adjusts the water and wash time for optimal care. It also includes Sensor Dry technology which automatically detects the moisture in the drum and adjusts the drying time if necessary. The WM3988H is Energy Star qualified and comes in a white finish.
- 4.2 Cu.ft. load capacity
- Painted Steel cabinet with NeveRust stainless steel drum
- Direct Drive motor
- TrueSteam Generator
- SenseClean and Sensor Dry technology
- 9 Wash programs including SteamFresh, Sanitary, and Allergiene cycles
- 5 rinse temperatures, 4 spin speeds
- 5 wash/dry program options
- 4-tray dispenser for detergent, bleach, and fabric softener
- Delay start up to 19 hours
- Upfront electronic controls with Dial-A-Cycle
- Chrome Trimmed Door with Clear Glass Window
- LoDecibel quiet operation
- Energy Star qualified
- Warranty: Lifetime - drum, 7 years - motor, 2 years - control board, 1 year - parts and labour
User Reviews (1)
One of only a few combination washer/dryer units with steam capabilities.
Ideal for homes with very limited space and/or no way to vent a proper dryer.
Refresh cycle works well to eliminate odours in clothes, takes only 20 minutes.
Steam wash does a good job of whitening whites without bleach.
Decent overall warranty coverage includes 7 years on the motor.
Takes a very long time to dry clothes due to the shared washer drum.
Pricier than buying a regular washer and dryer separately.
You may also like...